Connect with us

Entertainment

WWE to celebrate Undertaker’s 30th anniversary with programming slate

Published

on

Oct. 16 (UPI) — WWE will be commemorate The Undertaker’s 30th anniversary with the company by airing a month-long slate of programming on the WWE Network.

WWE’s 30 Days of the The Deadman will include a new Undertaker documentary or interview airing on the WWE Network every Sunday for five weeks in total.

It will begin on Oct. 25 with WWE Untold: The Phenom and The Legend Killer, a documentary about The Undertaker’s epic 2005 rivalry with Randy Orton.

Meeting Mark Calaway will arrive on Nov. 1 to give fans a look at the real man behind one of WWE’s most legendary figures. Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin, WWE Champion Drew McInTyre and Orton will discuss the first time they met Calaway.

The Mortician: The Story of Paul Bearer will explore the life and career of the late Paul Bearer on Nov. 8. Bearer, real name William Moody, was Undertaker’s longtime manager who is in the Hall of Fame. Bearer used his real-life experience as a mortician and his background in mortuary science to help bring the Undertaker character to life.

Brothers of Destruction arrives on Nov. 15 and will feature a conversation between Undertaker and Kane, who were storyline brothers, heated rivals and a formidable tag team. This documentary will premiere first at the Austin Film Festival on Oct. 29.

The slate will end on Nov. 22 with Undertaker making a new appearance on Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions talk show. The episode premieres 30 years to the day that The Undertaker arrived in the WWE in 1990 at the Survivor Series pay-per-view event.

The Undertaker said in June, as part of WWE’s The Last Ride series, that he has no desire to get back into the ring to compete.

Sign up for our Streaming newsletter



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Folk singer Arlo Guthrie announces retirement from touring

Published

on

Oct. 24 (UPI) — American folk singer Arlo Guthrie has announced his retirement at the age of 73.

“It’s been a great 50+ years of being a working entertainer, but I reached the difficult decision that touring and stage shows are no longer possible,” the “Alice’s Restaurant” singer wrote on Facebook Friday.

“I’ve canceled the upcoming shows, and am not accepting offers for new ones. That’s the short version.”

Guthrie went on to say he had mini-strokes in 2016 and 2019, followed by a more serious stroke last year.

“I’d lost some ability to walk, and I wondered if if would be able to play music,” he recalled in his post.

“I spent about a week in a rehab center to re-learn the basics, like walking. I went home after that, and began a regimen of playing guitar, walking… All the things I would need to continue touring and performing. During the entire time, [my girlfriend] Marti kept the family and close friends advised as to my progress, and took really great care of me. I needed all the help I could get. And she was there to see it done right. By the the time our first shows began in 2020, I was at about at 80% and felt like I was improving. Then the pandemic hit.”

Guthrie said he and his girlfriend have been “holed up” at his farm in Massachusetts since June, “trying to keep out of harms way, and also trying to provide some online entertainment” for those doing likewise.

The son of the late Woody Guthrie said he is looking forward to retirement, but promises to continue speaking out against social injustice wherever he sees it.

“I’m happy, healthy and good to go, even if I’m not going anywhere. I’ve taken back 6-9 months that I used to spend on the road, and enjoying myself with Marti, my family and friends. In short – Gone Fishing,” he said.

Sign up for our Streaming newsletter



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Pop Smoke’s ‘Shoot For the Stars’ tops U.S. album chart

Published

on

Oct. 24 (UPI) — Late rapper Pop Smoke’s Shoot For the Stars Aim For the Moon is the No. 1 album in the United States.

Coming in at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart dated Saturday is 21 Savage & Metro Boomin’s Savage Mode II, followed by Juice WRLD’s Legends Never Die at No. 3, Lil Baby’s My Turn at No. 4 and Machine Gun Kelly’s Tickets to My Downfall at No. 5.

Rounding out the top tier are BLACKPINK’s The Album at No. 6, Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours at No. 7, the Hamilton soundtrack at No. 8, YoungBoy Never Broke Again’s Top at No. 9 and Taylor Swift‘s Folklore at No. 10.

Pop Smoke was shot and killed in a home invasion in Los Angeles in February. He was 20.

Sign up for our Streaming newsletter



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Arnold Schwarzenegger recovering from heart surgery

Published

on

Oct. 24 (UPI) — Film star and former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger confirmed on social media he has undergone heart surgery.

“Thanks to the team at the Cleveland Clinic, I have a new aortic valve to go along with my new pulmonary valve from my last surgery,” the 73-year-old actor tweeted Friday.

“I feel fantastic and have already been walking the streets of Cleveland enjoying your amazing statues. Thank you to every doc and nurse on my team!”

His post included one photo of him in a hospital bed and three others of him touring the city.

The Terminator star’s surgery comes two years after he underwent heart surgery to replace a previous pulmonic valve replacement. The operation took place two years after he had heart surgery to replace a previous pulmonic valve replacement.

The actor is known for his roles in the Terminator and Expendables franchises, as well as the movies Twins, Kindergarten Cop, Total Recall and True Lies.

He served as the governor of California from 2003 to 2011.

Sign up for our Streaming newsletter



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending